Police, Fire, Medical Emergency - Call 9-1-1

Have the address or legal land description of the emergency location and a phone number you can be called back on in case of disconnection. Read more ....

Fire Permits

All outdoor burning within Beaver County requires a burning permit.   Click here to apply for a   burning permit. Applications are processed daily except on weekends.

Permits can be also be obtained from, the towns of Tofield, Viking, the villages of Holden, Ryley, Beaver County office, the Beaver Emergency Services Commission Office, and all local Fire Chiefs.

For further information please contact the Beaver Emergency Services Commission office @ 780-336-3041

Current Fire Ban Status - No Advisory

Health and Safety Coordinator

Health and Safety Coordinator

Beaver Emergency Services Commission requires a Health and Safety Coordinator to review our existing health and safety program, policies and procedures and make recommendations to improve or update, ensuring they are aligned with Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations and codes.

This is a contract position.

Please submit your proposal to Allan Weiss, Regional Emergency Manager at info@besc.ca

Proposals due by December 15, 2020

Beaver Emergency Services Commission

Coronavirus-COVID-19 Information

The following links are updated regularly from both the GoA and Health Canada




Volunteers Needed!

We need you! Through unwavering vigilance, rigorous training and unquestionable dedication, the Volunteer Firefighters of BESC work to serve and ensure the safety of every person in the county.

Local Links

www.vbfcss.com Viking Family Community Support Services

www.fcss-trbc.com Tofield Family Community Support Services

Viking Medical Clinic - Kalyna County Primary Care Network

Safety Links

Safety Tips - Alberta Fire Commissioner

Fire Protection - NFPA

Fire Safety - Alberta Emergency Management

Senior Safety - Finding Balance Campaign


You are here: Home Coronavirus-COVID-19 Information